What is it?
Bibimbap (bi bim bap) – sounds exactly as it is spelled, is a popular Korean rice dish filled with tasty vegetables and scrumptious proteins. It is one of the most easiest dishes to whip up yet super appealing to the eyes. You can add any types of vegetables that you like, as well as picking your choice of proteins.
This dish can be vegetarian or even vegan friendly. For the recipe, I am tried Beyond Beef and my seasoning made it tastes even more delicious. Check out my quick recipe and don’t forget to try it yourself!
1/2 of a cucumber
1 whole zucchini
5 button mushrooms
3 small carrots
3 garlic cloves
1 lb of protein ( I’m using Beyond Beef)
2 cups of cooked rice
A couple sprinkles of sesame seeds
Let’s Get Cooking
- Thinly cut the vegetables and stir fried them using olive oil.
- Cook your rice.
- Mince three garlic cloves and defrost your choice of protein.
- In a small bowl, mix two tablespoon of soy sauce, one tablespoon of mirin, and one teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Heat up olive oil and add the minced garlic. Add the protein and cook till no longer pink. Add the sauce and cook for another five minutes.
Assemble the Bowl
- Step 1: Add rice to the a big bowl (you’ll need the extra space for mixing.
- Step 2: Add your vegetables and protein around the rice.
- Step 3: Top it off with a fried egg and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
Add a generous amount of bibimbap sauce to your liking, it may be spicy so taste test in between. Enjoy!
If you don’t like spicy, I recommend you using soy sauce instead.
To make this dish vegan friendly, skip the egg and select a plant based proteins.